THIRD Version (V3) of Velos UAV
The Third Version of Velos UAV, VelosV3 has enhanced new features:
- The new skid pads made from carbon fiber are stronger and lighter, and allow a bigger space for different and larger payloads
- Velos V3 has a new improved and more stable governor logic. It also has a Canbus support, exhaustively tested with Here2 and Here3.
- The new UAV is connected with the radio TX(ex taranis) not to the RFD 900 but to the laptop via a usb cable as a joystick. With this configuration we manage to have all the communications of the UAV passed only from the serial port without requiring the extra PPM link. That creates many different possibilities for control. We can now use many different options to control the aircraft such as 4G or 5G, silvus streamcaster etc. In Here3, that specific GPS is RTK ready. That means that without any further change on the aircraft we can add the ground RTK system and operate with RTK accuracy.
Velos V3 supports new features such as:
- The ability to add more laser altimeters operating at the same time
- Obstacle avoidance sensors
- Follow me features
Fully redundant twin engine design
Velos core innovation is its twin engine fully redundant design. There is a set of every major component including the main motors, batteries, electronic speed controls (ESC), belts, and gears. Unlike most UAV helicopters that are based on common hobby grade helicopters, we chose to design the Velos UAV from scratch with three main objectives.
Safety – Efficiency – Reliability
Our patented highly innovative drivetrain-gearbox renders Velos UAV the only UAV helicopter in its class with the ability to tolerate a complete failure of most major components allowing it to safely land and protect its payload and surroundings under those circumstances. The system automatically isolates the faulty part without introducing additional drag to the operational part of the drive-train.
Any or all of the below listed types of failures can be tolerated by the Velos UAV’s mechanics while these would lead a normal UAV to a crash
Motor failure, broken belt, gear – one-way bearing failure, Burned ESC, main battery failure, BEC failure, servo failure.
Velos UAV is a professional UAV helicopter designed in way that it can be easily adapted in a variety of different applications. The unique payload rail system provides plenty of flexibility and free space thus allowing almost any possible payload to be mounted on the helicopter in a fast, easy and reliable way. Furthermore, it is very easy to switch between different equipment, e.g. remove a gimbal and add a thermal camera or a LIDAR in few minutes.
In addition, you can add simultaneously more than one payloads. For example, in the front of the payload rail we can mount two small cameras like an FPV day or night and a thermal camera and we still have the most part of the rail available for a gimbal, LIDAR sensor, delivery box, magnetometers, a powerful flood light or whatever you may need to attach.
This is possible as the helicopter’s payload rail has a total length of 55cm (21.5inch) and there are 14 sets of extruded bases along its length. They are placed along the rail every 4cm and there are M4 threaded holes in all of them. With 28 in total different locations for mounting payloads it is easy to integrate your payload in the way you wanted to be or even combine different payloads.
With all that flexibility available the only limit is your imagination.
We are using customized firmware for flight controller, that is specialized for helicopters and is optimized through thousands of flight hours. This is compatible with all the ardupilot supported ground control software like mission planner, Q ground control, UgSC and many others.
55cm long payload rail for easy integration of any payload
Anti Vibration Shock Absorber – Payload Adapter
Quick release Toad gimbal base